Whether you want to save on your electricity bills or you want to do something to save the environment. İt’s important to know how to save electricity at home.
Conserving electricity serves the double purpose of helping stop global warming and saving a lot of money over time. Take a look around your home and office: any appliance that operates on electricity can be made more energy-efficient. Insulating your home and changing your daily habits are also effective ways to reduce the amount of electricity you use.
How to save money on electricity bills. 23 electricity-saving tips at home.
- Use less hot water.
- Wear thick clothes to keep warm.
- Go to sleep early.
- Maximize daylight ( use natural sunlight ).
- Change lightbulbs (use CFL or LED lightbulbs)
- Wear light clothes to keep cool.
- Try to use electricity by gathering together with your family members. (such as in living room).
- Always unplug your ( TV, radio, computers, coffee makers, phone chargers, hairdryers, and other appliances should be unplugged after use).
- Avoid opening frequently the refrigerator door.
- Install a solar water heater system.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator. (if there is one in the building)
- Buy LED TV instead of plasma
- Candle lighting.
- Dry your clothes in sunlight. Let them hand out in the sunlight and dry naturally.
- Use a shorter washing machine program.
- Insulate your house.
- Skip the heat-dry setting for the dishwasher.
- Generate your own electricity ( Install solar panels on your roof to generate electricity. ).
- Set PC energy-saving features ).
- Air dry your hair (or use a towel ).
- Use cold water.
- Cut your hair ( long hair means more energy. You don’t have to use a hair dryer ).
- Fill the washing machine / dryer / dishwasher before operation.